Q. What if my child tries to take it off the door?
The toddlermonitor™ senses motion. If the device is set to "on guard" and a child moves a door, or touches him, you will receive the alert. Motion, regardless of what the cause is will trigger an alert. You can also use and over-the-door hook or a 3M Command hook and hang the toddlermonitor™ up high if you don't want your child to touch him.
Q. I turn my phone to "Do Not Disturb" at night, will the notifications push through?
For iOS devices, this is core functionality on the most recent app. You will receive notification if your phone is in any mode, including silent or "Do Not Disturb". Ensure that you are running the most recent app version available in the Apple iTunes Store for the optimum functionality.
For Android devices, users can choose to allow the app to override the "Do Not Disturb" function on their phone. This is done by going into Settings selecting "Apps", selecting the toddlermonitor™ app from the list, going to Notifications and selecting "Do not disturb overridden".
Q. How do I control the volume of the alerts I receive?
Volume is controlled by the external volume buttons on the side of your phone. You will still receive alerts if your phone is on “Do Not Disturb” or silenced using the toggle on your phone, but the volume does need to be turned to the desired level.
For Android devices, users need to choose to allow the app to override the "Do Not Disturb" function on their phone. This is done by going into Settings selecting "Apps", selecting the toddlermonitor™ app from the list, going to Notifications and selecting "Do not disturb overridden".
Q. I am a heavy sleeper, will I be able to hear the alerts?
toddlermonitor™ alerts in similar tones and volume to your phone alarm. If this level of alert would wake you, then you would be able to be alerted by the toddlermonitor™. You have the ability to tailor the style and volume of alert to suit your needs.
Q. How sensitive is the motion detection?
We understand that Toddlers can be sneaky, so we allow for three levels of sensitivity to meet your families' needs. At the highest setting the device is extremely sensitive and will register subtle movement. We suggest you start at the highest sensitivity and reduce the level if you are getting false alerts.
Q. Is Bluetooth range sufficient to cover my house?
We are using the latest and greatest in Bluetooth LE (BLE) technology, it’s actually the same technology used by Porsche, Ducati and BMW. While this will vary in homes based on the construction we are seeing excellent coverage of a 2000 – 3000 square foot home and have had full coverage of homes up to 5000 square feet. We also offer a 30-day Guarantee for any reason.
Q. How many devices can I use at once?
You can pair and control up to 3 devices on one phone.
Q. Does using a toddlermonitor™ guarantee the safety of my child?
No, toddlermonitor™ is an aid for parents and provides no guarantee of safety. Click here to see our disclaimer.
Q. What comes with the toddlermonitor™?
Each box contains: one toddlermonitor™ device, one USB charge cord, one user Guide, unlimited downloads of the Android or iOS phone apps
Q. How long does the battery last?
The battery will last for about 7-10 days with regular use.
Q. Do you ship internationally?
We are currently only available in North America. We hope to be available in more broadly soon! You can look at services like Shipto for international orders.
Q. I am having trouble with pairing, what do I do next?
For iOS Devices, you can follow the steps as outlined here. If you experience problems beyond this, contact us at email@example.com
- Restart your phone
- Make sure Bluetooth is on (Settings > Bluetooth) and the toggle is green
- On the home screen hit the “+” sign and shake the toddlermonitor™ hardwith its back facing the floor side to side - it should pop up on the screen and you click him to pair and name the device
- If this does not work, go into your settings and select Bluetooth, if it is enabled you should see all the devices available to pair. Is toddlermonitor™ there? If yes, click it.
- Go back to the home screen hit the “+” sign and shake the toddlermonitor™ hard with its back facing the floor side to side - it should pop up on the screen and you click it to pair and name the device.
For Android users, recent updates to Android OS have made pairing fussier on some phones. If you are having trouble, we are testing an app to fix this. You can find it by clicking here.
- Make sure device is fully charged and light has turned to green.
- Make sure that your phone is not low on batteries as this may cause your phone to disable Bluetooth.
- If there are multiple phones that you are trying to pair, only enable to Bluetooth on the phone you are currently pairing.
- Load the app from the link above (should show as Version 0.22)
- Restart the phone
- Turn on Bluetooth
- Go into the app, select the "+" to add the device
- Shake the device, device will appear in pairing list
- Select the device to pair and continue shaking device until it pairs
- If you continue to have issues, go into Settings>Bluetooth and tell your phone to forget any toddlermonitor™ that have paired in the background
- Repeat steps 2 - 10
If you continue to experience issues, we can help! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org - please include information on which app you have loaded and what type of Smartphone you are using.
Q. Everything was working well but I didn't receive an alert, what is going on?
When you set up the toddlermonitor™ app you need to enable notifications and location tracking. After awhile your phone may ask you if you still want the app to track your location. If you say "no" this will impact the alerts that your receive when your phone goes into deep sleep.
If you are having this issue, delete the app and reinstall ensuring that both notifications and tracking are enabled.
Q. The app seems unresponsive, I cannot set my toddlermonitor™.
- Hard close the app on your phone:
- On an iphone double click the home button > swipe to the toddlermonitor™ app > push the app up and it will disappear
- On an Android Open Settings > Choose the toddlermonitor™ app > select Stop or Force Stop
- Restart your phone
- This should reset the app and allow you to set the toddlermonitor™.
- If you continue to experience issues, we can help! Send us an email at email@example.com - please include information on which app you have loaded and what type of Smartphone you are using.